Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

CoPilot 8 Live Competition!

38 posts in this topic

Posted

Our good friends at ALK have gladly granted us five copies of CoPilot 8 Live to give away as competition prizes. This gets better in that the copies can be of any variant; Android, Windows Mobile or for the iPhone/iPad.

Needless to say you're wondering how you can win a copy. Simple, all you need to do is attach in this thread a photo taken with your phone (and preferably geo-tagged) of any weird and wonderful place names or road signs that you have come across.

In 2 weeks time the moderators and myself will pick the best five entries and the prizes will be awarded.

Note that 'saucy or naughty' entries are permitted but in that case they may be sent to myself by PM :) Just in case!

Looking forward to seeing your entries!

Posted

Surely the saucy and naughty ones are the bast aren't they? ;)

Posted

Well if you guys are happy reading them then okay post in thread!

Posted

Come on folks don't be shy, we're looking forward to your entries. :)

Posted

I know of a couple round by my parents house. I'll try and get them on Sunday when we go over there!

Posted

4 days and still no entries? Shame on you all!

Here's one I saw near home to start you off- made me chuckle about the possible consequences! Didn't geotag I'm afraid :)

zoosign_small.jpg

Posted

Grin nice entry Neil!

I did have a decent shufti while in Wales, but alas we didn't go near the one I wanted which was a sign to Bethlehem!

Come on guys get posting!

Posted

So, something from the "ancient smart mobile times" - two pictures found in my archive of HTC TyTN photos.

The first one is from my trip to Paris, France (autumn 2006) - my TyTN was brand new and I thought that there will never be better phone ;-) This traffic sign made me crazy and I was happy to be only pedestrian, not a driver.

The second one was taken about half year later in lovely Czech village (or small town) Mníšek pod Brdy. Something like "folk arts" at local crossing.

Sorry, no geotagging - as you probably know, HTC TyTN has no built-in GPS chip.

Posted

Nice ones harmasan, especially the first! :-)

Posted

Between hubby and I we have a few photos of signs, place names or street names that made us smile. These earlier ones are not geo-tagged.

This one was taken at a supermarket in Nadi, Fiji in 2008. We both laughed out loud at the location of the kid's spot, right next to liquor land!

IMG_5942.jpg

Posted

Hi Tinkblue, :welcome1:

Your photo may have been stripped as this was your first post. Use the messaging system on site (under your Control Panel) to message one of the Mods with the photo and they can attach on your behalf.

Looking forward to seeing it!

Posted

I'll get an official geo tagged one of this when I'm up in Swindon this weekend.

The one I was going to post from last weekend I thought may possibly offend so I pulled it.

I've stil got a couple more ones I find amusing if I can be motivated to walk the couple of streets required.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0