Mega Review: HTC Sensation V Samsung Galaxy SII

37 posts in this topic

Posted

Agreed that the Sensation could indeed be faster, I think HTC use that speed a bit too much to give Sense 3 the speed it needs. The rest of the machine could do with the sane zipiness. Hopefully once that bootloader gets unlocked we may see third party ROMs which have that speed boost!

I still think it is a smooth delicious device though.

Posted

Apropos the little holes in the back of the Sensation cover - i have just noticed something whilst taking off and refitting the back cover.

The top holes are connected to the wi-fi antenna and The bottom holes are connected to the cellular antenna

How do i know this ? - well i noticed that if you remove the back cover and switch the phone on, there is no wi-fi signal and no cellular signal.

If you lay the phone into the top part of the case ( as if refitting it ), but dont snap it shut then the wi-fi signal returns, but not the cellular signal.

When you snap the case by pushing the bottom half of the phone back in , then the cellular signal suddenly returns.

So now i am going to drill some tiny,tiny holes in the right place on my Case-Mate "barely there" case and see if reception improves.

Posted

It's more I think Mike that the gold strips internally form part of the antenna system?

Posted

It's more I think Mike that the gold strips internally form part of the antenna system?

oh yes - absolutely. But why the pin holes throught the case from the electrical connectors ?

Is that for the Car kit to connect ? or do the pin holes allow the radio signal to propogate outside of the case and give better reception ?

Oh BTW - today i have noticed a little spray of dust particles have appeared under the right edge of the touch screen that werent previously there. Not really noticable unless you are in strong light looking at the screen from an angle, but irritating nevertheless.

Still it gives me a valid reason to send the device back to 02 whenever i like and get a new one.....

Posted

The pin holes are a mystery to me too! I've jut bought the official car kit and they do not appear to have any function associated with that alas.

Still no dust here at all I'm happy to report!

Posted

Appols if you are already aware of this, but i have just found by accident an unexpected function / shortcut on my Sensation.

If you press and hold the "home" button, you get a pop-up window in the centre of the screen showing your 8 most recently used shortcuts. similar to going into the Notifications bar to see your recent shortcuts, but a little quicker and it shows 8 at once instead of 5. This can be done from any screen from the looks of it.

something new (to me anyway) every day !!

Posted

Grin I know, this is why I stated:

The Home button is dual-function it can either return you to the Home screen of the launcher or it tapped and held will bring up a list of recently used applications.

I do try to cover everything you know :)

Posted

Grin I know, this is why I stated:

I do try to cover everything you know :)

Arghhh - guilty as charged of the offence of "speed reading" - i didnt see that bit !!

Posted

Grin not a problem Mike, easy enough to miss in such a long review.

Sent from my 7 Mozart T8698 using Board Express

Posted

Standard function of Android iirc.... ;-)

Posted

But it does vary slightly between machines, I wasn't going to mention that though :)

Posted

Doah !!! :)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.