Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Michael_Mcr

Just installed GTA V on my desktop pc

13 posts in this topic

And it's huge.... 7.... Yes 7 Dvd's came in the box to give a 60gb install, which took about an hour to install. It's an epic, huge, open world environment though to go explore. Really quite a technical achievement by Rockstar games. I am able to run it at medium to high settings on my combo of i5 3570k / 8gb ram / 2gb Nvidia Gtx 650. Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hells bells 60Gb! More than Windows!

It is a very, very big open-world play area which is broadly a copy of the Greater Los Angeles area. Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Good luck with it Mike, there's plenty to keep you amused. Take it easy in da hood bro! :)

I installed by download, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare just after Xmas to see how my PC handles it. I haven't got very far at all yet but the graphics are top notch. I have an Xbox One controller plugged into my PC as I'm not keen on keyboards for game paying!

Supposedly with the PC I can get Batman Arkham night as a freebie, but I keep on thinking do I want to waste my resources on the system by loading something I'll never ever use apart from seeing it as a demo of how fast the PC is.

It's worth a dabble mate, it won't run in the background if you don't want it to. :)

Yeah I know, I may well do but I'll hold off until all the PC issues which have been reported are fixed in it.

Boz is right, games never take up any resources other than disk space when they aren't running. Only difference is that I close unnecessary processes before launching games to free up memory. I too use an Xbox controller for gaming too as it happily sits along keyword and mouse and I can swap between the two. Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Have to say that i am very, very impressed with the coding of GTA V ; it runs very smoothly with incredible amounts of graphical detail and has a massive amount of graphic tweaking options so you can get it just right for your particular pc. Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yeah but as I've not played any 'real' games on a PC at all, my last serious gaming was in the pub playing Galaxians :)

You're never to old to get into gaming mate, there's not much physical effort required! :)

I know, but it just does not interest me plus I get little enough free time as it is, so looking to add gaming time into my life is impossible I think.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0