Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Guru

Workflow task management

18 posts in this topic

I use categories quite a bit for filtering contacts, mainly as its the only way to create email distribution lists nowadays, but I don't use categories for tasks, because i don't make use of tasks.

The Exchange / Outlook colour coded categories are quite poorly implemented in places though - not the most intuitive system to use.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

You do need a fair bit of patience and be very logical to build a structure that works within the limits of Exchange.

Its fairly rubbish that you have to change the contacts view to be able to see the colour categories, in order to then send a group email.

Was much simpler when you could just create a named group of contacts, which then sat alongside your individual business cards.

13 hours ago, Michael_Mcr said:

Was much simpler when you could just create a named group of contacts, which then sat alongside your individual business cards.

You can still do that Mike.

I had lot of problems with groups of contacts when i upgraded to Outlook 2010 and found that switching to the colour coded contacts was the only workable solution. 

I started getting ALL contacts synced to my phone, rather than just a selected folder, as was the case in Outlook 2007. So i used to group phone contacts together, then other groups for people i didn't want on the phone.

Will have another play to see if its just me being old and stoopid LOL

Ah right there may be problems sync'ing to the phone unless a full blown Exchange client is used. Nine works wonderfully well on the S7e.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0