Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Michael_Mcr

Nougat on HTC 10

34 posts in this topic

Looks like that did fix it Mike. What is the side effect having to enter settings for all apps?

No, strangely it didn't apparently loose any settings, passwords or even game progess !! Everything appears same as before.

Yet i went through all the volume / power button reboot steps, drilled down to "Wipe Cache" and clicked the confirmation to proceed, after which it rebooted, so i guess it wiped it OK ?

Hmm I'd have thought so, but I would have expected some settings for the system (if not apps) that would have needed changing.

Maybe there are some little surprises lurking, but i have yet to find them !! :)

Possibly, I guess the pointer is for expected things not happening.

Screen-on battery drain is still a little heavier than i would like and got as high as 20% per hour at one point.

I am currently trying various internet suggestions, such as resetting app permissions and toggling Backup off and then back on following a reboot and things have improved slightly. There are mixed reports about the effectiveness of a full hard reset on this issue.

There are a lot of reports of observed heavier battery drain across various devices, since updating to Nougat 7.0, with "Google Play Services" being the main culprit. It is difficult to track it down with Nougat on an unrooted device, as all app power drains are lumped together by Android, so battery management apps cant give accurate usage per app anymore.

It isn't the end of the world for me, but something definitely isn't right with Nougat 7.0 and i don't hold out much hope of HTC releasing 7.1 or 7.11 anytime soon, going off the pantomime we had getting 7.0

If it causes real problems for me, i will try to track down an HTC Marshmallow factory image and reload that.

Still working well for me now with few battery issues. Changing AV to Bitdefender has solved a lot of my operational glitches and I'm loving my new launcher I'm playing with. Silly grin time, really enjoying the phone at the moment.

Still working well for me now with few battery issues. Changing AV to Bitdefender has solved a lot of my operational glitches and I'm loving my new launcher I'm playing with. Silly grin time, really enjoying the phone at the moment.

New launcher? :)

Nougat is causing me some issues with Nine email. Despite being set for Push delivery there are times when messages take ages to be delivered. Have tried all the tricks like excluding it from battery management and setting unlimited data but still flaky. The same app on my Tab S2 works perfectly so definitely a Nougat issue.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yep I'm now playing very nicely with SquareHome 2, which is inspired by the WP Metro interface. Amazingly efficient!

Nougat is still good for me and no problem with Nine at all, emails seem to come in within seconds. Neil are you still running Webroot on the machine, if so try removing it to see if that fixes your background issues. Since I got rid of it and went with Bitdefender all by background operational issues seem to have vanished.

No- I don't use any AV or VPN since the rebuild. The lack of reliable sync with Nine and Nougat has had a number of reports but no simple fix as yet. Seems to affect hosted Exchange more than O365.

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

Ah well it was just a thought. Fingers crossed they resolve the issues.

It's very odd- working fine today, but yesterday there was up to a 15 minute delay between getting emails on the Galaxy Tab S2, and the Galaxy S7, both running Nine. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0