Smartphone Gurus
The Guru

Review: HTC Desire S (O2)

The Guru

Sigh - I just checked Cyc and yes it does :) Mea Culpa for missing that one!

fowljr

I must admit the Desire S is a very nice looking device. I wasn't tempted by the original Desire, but this one does call to me...

Although I am favouring WaveyDavey's opinion on smaller devices at the moment.

novahob

this is smaller than my HD2, and tbh the wife's desire does feel a good size, so this i expect would be the same. the only thing that i need to consider is, is a 3.7" screen big enough lol , just used to my 4.1" ;)

dodolom

And if you wanted to see an example video from the phone:

Can you post a 720p unedited recording when you get a chance?

Thanks

waveydavey

I must admit the Desire S is a very nice looking device. I wasn't tempted by the original Desire, but this one does call to me...

Although I am favouring WaveyDavey's opinion on smaller devices at the moment.

I'm finding my HTC Trophy a bit to big at the moment, hence me venture out to pick up a little Robot (HTC Wildfire). The Desire S is a bit smaller than the Trophy though (and your Mozart) so may be worth a look.....

novahob

went into an o2 store earlier and they had them in. it does feel light and good in the hand, especially when holding the wifes desire straight after. still thinking is the screen big enough ;)

The Guru

Can you post a 720p unedited recording when you get a chance?

Thanks

I've just taken a brief 19 second video in the back garden, but it's a whopping 19.1Mb in size! Do you still want me to post it up on site?

went into an o2 store earlier and they had them in. it does feel light and good in the hand, especially when holding the wife's desire straight after. still thinking is the screen big enough ;)

Believe me in use you tend to enjoy the benefit of it fitting the hand well enough and that more than makes up for the smaller screen. That is how I find it compared to the HD2 anyway!

dodolom

I've just taken a brief 19 second video in the back garden, but it's a whopping 19.1Mb in size! Do you still want me to post it up on site?

Well, it'd be great if you can upload it on youtube or something and 19.1 is not that big btw, unless you meant 191 mbs.

The Guru

And now uploaded, I've added it to the post above as well as adding both clips into the main review too!

The Guru

Oh and the review has also been updated to include the links to the product on the O2 site.

The Guru

thanks much for the video.

Not a problem, will try to take a less shaky one tomorrow :) What did you think of the quality?