Smartphone Gurus
Sign in to follow this  
The Guru

Birthday gift ....... ?

The Guru

I'm in a quandary, its' my birthday in about a months time and can't decide what to go for. The gift will be presented to me by my beloved while on holiday. So thoughts are / were:

• A 'fitbit' band, but as MS are likely to produce their wearable watch later this year this is likely to be surplus to requirements so wasted
  • A dock for the Surface Pro 2 so I can link it to the 2 x 24" monitors, network etc
  • A new set of ear buds replacing the 'Blu-Buds', looking for something like these, which might offer good sound, strong BT and good WP connectivity. The BB's would be passed onto the other half for her cycling.

Thoughts?

fowljr

I want some new Bluetooth headphones, I think the ones Dave posted so I'd go for BT headphones...

That being said. If I had a Surface 2 I'd definitely want the dock too so I could use it as a main machine! So equally viable.

I guess that hasn't helped!

The Guru

The BT headphones are the direction I'm sliding towards I must admit. The problem though is which ones!

fowljr

Which ones did Dave recommend? I'll have to search for the post later!

Sent from my Iconia W4-820 using Tapatalk

waveydavey

What's wrong with the Blu-Buds D? They are supposed to be the best?

Mine are these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jabra-Wireless-Bluetooth-Stereo-Headphones-Black/dp/B00EGLQN9G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408351884&sr=8-1&keywords=jabra+sport

These might be worth a punt for the price:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TECEVO-F3-Bluetooth-Earphones-Handsfree/dp/B009US93LA/ref=pd_cp_ce_3

As far as the fitness band goes, I'd buy the Fitbit force if they still did it, because I need it to have a watch on.

The rest on the market don't really float my boat. I too am holding out for the MS one.

The dock would be nice, if you can not think of anything else would be good.

The Guru

The Blu-buds are good, no problems with them at all, I was just hoping there might be something newer and better on the market. Plus the in-ear buds can be slightly uncomfortable after long wearing and the mic is way too far away from the mouth so handsfree is useless

The Jabra sports look good, how clear are they, and do all functions work with Windows Phone? How well do they work on calls?

Down to them or the dock I guess.

waveydavey

I rate the Jabras, I use them for cycling all the time, rain or shine. I think my current ones are about 8 months old and going strong.

They work very well with WP.

The older version I had for 18 months but they "broke" when I noticed they were getting a bit "clogged" and took them apart to clean them. :oops:

I find them comfortable BUT I have found that this is most definitely a personal thing.

The mic just about works while I'm cycling and I've had no issues when not cycling other than looking like I'm talking to myself.

The Guru

LOL thanks Dave, do they havwe controls to allow you both to navigate through tracks (or podasts) and change volume?

waveydavey

Yes, the rocker does volume up/down with a press and next/previous track with a long press.

The Guru

Right, scores then as the Bluebuds don't navigate tracks unless that is a limitation of Podcast lounge, could be in fact as I have changed tracks in MixRadio....

waveydavey

I thought the BluBuds were the same in that regard I have to admit?

The Guru

Hmm at least the Jabra might suit with reference to hands free calls though. Will have to see as I may decide to have to 'on the day' gift and put it to wards the MS smart wearable.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this