Smartphone Gurus
tonybro

Mark Knopfler - Tracker Tour

tonybro

Last night I was fortunate enough to see Mark Knopfler on his Tracker 2015 Tour at the Manchester Arena.

This guy is an absolute legend and the sounds he can get out of guitars is to be heard to be believed.

I felt a little sorry for him as I think about 80% of the audience were just wanting a Dire Straits set and weren't that familiar with his recent albums. He did give some Dire Straits tracks - Romeo and Juliet, Sultans of Swing, So Far Away and Telegraph Road along with the stuff from new Tracker album and some of the Privateering album.

The 930 performed pretty well in capturing the scene and the videos I got are particularly impressive for the quality of the sound. That said, the sound quality of the performance was just amazing. They were using their own amps/speakers on stage and these were all individually mic'd up to the Arena PA and it showed.

A big mention must go to his band as he is pretty selective and most have been with him for 10-20 years, playing live and in the studio. They are real musician's musicians, technically superb and multi-instrumentalists. He also had Ruth Moody guest with him and perform the duet they have on the Tracker album. She has a bright future.....

A couple of pics from the 930....

post-36-0-47455400-1431873475_thumb.jpg

post-36-0-34323200-1431873488_thumb.jpg

post-36-0-52513000-1431873505_thumb.jpg

The set finished with 'Going Home' the theme from Local Hero which has a particular resonance with me as the film was made not far from where I was living and whilst I was living up there and I always played it as I came up the A90 over the hill to drop back into Aberdeen for many, many years.

This man rightly deserves his place in the top echelons of musicians such as Hendrix, Clapton, Gary Moore, BB King, etc.

The Guru

Sounds good and great the 930 performed. Please tell me you had flash off? :)

Michael_Mcr

I do like a bit of Knopfler.

Dire Straits too, though I prefer the earlier stuff to the commercial records they put out late 80's.

Communique is an album I always put onto every device I have - I could listen to it everyday.

tonybro

930 was no flash!

Making Movies & Love Over Gold are my two and Privateering from a couple of years ago. So to get R & J and Telegraph Road satisfied me....

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.