Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

When to expect updates

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am wondering when updates for Windows/Windows Phone will be available. I am waiting for them for almost a year already. When I asked about the issue with fronts for the first time, I was told it's going to be fixed soon. It was half of the year ago. OK, I thought you might be working on completely new version of the app for Windows 10/Windows Phone 10, so I just need to wait until Windows 10 released. Now it's been a month since it's released and all major apps from the Store received an updates, except of Bookviser. I still forced to use NOOK reader app for majority of my books just because it shows correct fonts (pics descriptions, formulas, foot notes, etc.) in oppose to Bookviser. And that is despite of the fact that I paid for all Bookviser premium features. Please let us know ETA for update/new release.

Thanks,

Egor.

Hi,

I'm sorry, it takes longer than expected. I first worked on porting the WP version from Silverlight to WinRT, but abandoned it because too many features were missing. So I switched to Windows 10. There are really many changes to do. I'd like to be in time for Windows 10 Mobile launch. It's a VERY complicated app, and I'm alone. Therefore any changes require time.

Hi,

I know it takes a lot of time, but still any chance to get a fix for the fonts? I mean I asked about it almost a year ago (it was another thread which I can't find for some reason). Windows 10 is here for how long? At least several months not to mention preview versions. I don't mean to push, but I am waiting alsmost a year for the update of the app I have paid for in full. That is quite disappointing.

Hi,

Perhaps it will be ready for February. I don't have an exact date yet. Maybe I will release a beta version sometime soon, because the app is already working, but before it's released I will need time to make it ready for the update. The previous version is not compatible at all, so this will need to be sorted out.

I'm not sure though it will be able to load the fonts from the book file. It's able to display colors, italic, bold etc., but I was unable for the moment to find a solution to load a font that is not installed on the system. As far I can see this is a Windows 10 limitation. 

It sounds promising! Please keep us updated, I am eager to put my hands on new version, even beta.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0