Smartphone Gurus
Sign in to follow this  
tonybro

Elite: Dangerous Videos

tonybro

As some will know, I jumped into Elite: Dangerous at launch since it was part of my childhood and led me into gaming.

With Windows 10 you have the ability to use the Game panel and record videos (anyone with an Xbox One will know this). I've been playing around with the facility and it seems to work pretty well. As the game is not part of Xbox Live, you can't show them in your social stream but that doesn't mean you can't post them elsewhere.

I've posted a few up to youtube for your delectation. :-)

It's certainly immersive....

Michael_Mcr

Very Nice !!. Its not a game i played in the past, but i remember it well and it had a huge following as i recall.

Certainly immersive graphics and sounds, as you say. What are the hardware requirements like ?

tonybro

Not bad actually, any recent enough PC/GPU combo....

They actually developed it alongside Oculus Rift too, now that would be immersive!

Michael_Mcr

I have been watching some of the videos of Elite Dangerous gameplay and I might just be tempted.

tonybro

Its come on leaps and bounds since release.

Planet fall and roaming the surface in vehicles is included now. They also have the CQC (Close Quarters Combat) element whereby you team up in full on skirmishes (not that I've jumped into that yet!). They have now also developed Community Calls - a system/station will have a week or month long call out to obtain resources to achieve something (build a station, build new ships, etc.) and the players can sign up and deliver the resources and at the end of the event you all get recompensed for your contribution on a sliding scale.

You can play 'Open' whereby other players are around or 'Solo' whereby all contact is AI driven.

It isn't a game for quick gratification, you need to apply some time and patience and decide on what you want to be - I tend to be an explorer and am at Surveyor level in that I have travelled to over 600 individual systems and been at least 428 Light Years from the starting position (scratching the surface really). There are political factions to consider, both Galaxy-wide and System-wide. Doing something for one can upset your standing with another!

It has such depth that it can be daunting but persevere and it can be rewarding. :-)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this