Smartphone Gurus
fowljr

Android Apps we use

The Guru

Hmm a bit of experimentation needed with Foreca and Meteo needed then. The Weather Outlook I've never used, I can't see any apps on the site? 

Yep I get Rostherne No2 for my location as well. So not that good either I guess. So which weather service are you finding as being most viable Mike for our area?

neilm
58 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Hmm a bit of experimentation needed with Foreca and Meteo needed then. The Weather Outlook I've never used, I can't see any apps on the site? 

Yep I get Rostherne No2 for my location as well. So not that good either I guess. So which weather service are you finding as being most viable Mike for our area?

I use Foreca as the source in Transparent Weather and Clock , though there is also a dedicated app. 

The Weather Outlook is a 'hobbyist' service run by Brian Gaze ("Buzz") who operates from Berkhamstead in Hertfordshire. He uses Meteo as one of his major sources. Regional forecasts are not that comprehensive, but his analyses and general trend prediction are excellent. 

The Google App is here

The Guru

Thanks Neil, Foreca is what I've been considering as a data source in TWC, I'll stick with it :)

Hmm, I'm not that impressed with the Weather Outlook app, very basic and looks dated, I will pay attention though to the web page itself that looks pretty decent.

neilm

Agreed about the App, though its notifications do provide a quick link to the weather news updates. I think they simply lack the resources to develop anything more elaborate. 

Website content and forum has some good stuff though! Unfortunately, new registrations to the forum are currently suspended, though content viewing is allowed

4 hours ago, The Guru said:

Hmm a bit of experimentation needed with Meteo needed then. 

Of course, Meteo also now provide BBC Weather's data since they dropped the UK Met Office as supplier. 

The Guru

Hm I'd forgotten that the BBC Weather had switched over to using Meteo, and I have been using the BBC app lately and finding it pretty descent, that answers that question I guess then :) I will add the Weather Outlook site to my list of sites to check though so something gained there!

Michael_Mcr

I have always found The Weather Channel reliable, but stopped using the app in the past as it was a bit of a battery killer

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.