Smartphone Gurus
Sign in to follow this  
Michael_Mcr

Nougat on HTC 10

Michael_Mcr

Thought I would start a dedicated thread on the HTC 10 Nougat update, to save from always posting in the Samsung thread.

In summary, i (finally) got the official HTC Nougat update a week or so back and generally it seems pretty good. This device is a unlocked UK HTC 10.

Haven't yet done a hard reset, as it is all running smoothly. My only observation is that, whilst battery life generally seems good in standby, it seems to be draining a little more rapidly in use since I set the display and font size to "small" in order to get more icons and text on the screen.

It is draining the battery at approx 1% every two to three minutes of screen-on time, which is noticeably worse than before.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

fowljr

Is that a known issue Mike? On the googles I mean?

Michael_Mcr

It's not a known issue that I can find. Have installed battery monitoring app for now and will try a hard reset.

The battery drain isn't severe, just noticeably more than i remember it being pre upgrade.

The Guru

Hm battery life increased for me after moving on to Nougat I think.

Michael_Mcr

Standby battery life is definitely better, but battery life during use is noticeably worse.

Am just now rebooting after wiping the cache partition to see if that improves anything.

The Guru

Keep us posted as to how you get on Mike. It'll be very interesting to see if it does make a difference.

Michael_Mcr

I have found out this morning that it is, apparently, a fairly widespread problem with Android 7.0, but fixed in 7.1 or 7.11

Standby battery is great in 7.0, but worryingly rapid drain occurs when device in screen-on use, has been reported by users of many devices, including Nexus. Doesn't seem to happen to all devices and a hard reset doesn't seem to make a difference.

The Guru

Interesting, I hope Samsung get things into gear and start with the next beta builds then!

fowljr

I've not noticed anything with 7.0 on the OnePlus3...

The Guru

How often are you using it though Jim?

fowljr

Every day! Although I don't delve into settings etc. like I used to. I suppose the mode is different now, I don't travel as much and it is plugged in quite often, even in the car.

But in-use, I've not noticed any faster battery drain.

Michael_Mcr

It appears to have improved after the cache wipe.

This mornings session of coffee and web/mail/Tapatalk seems to have drained about 10% in an hour, which seems plenty reasonable.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this