Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Guru

Adguard AdBlocker for Edge

9 posts in this topic

Thanks- might be worth looking into though as I use the system version of Adguard it might not make much difference.

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

Yeah so do I, but the at least gives control of the system and fine tuning via the browser.

I'll definitely take a look!

I'm finding more and more websites don't work well with Vivaldi/Chrome so I often have to reopen them in Edge or Internet Explorer. The extension will be useful then!

Still a fan of Firefox here. I did give Vivaldi a go (and liked it) but so many bugs in there with right clicking on links and choosing to open in a new tab, some of the tiem you get a copy of the original page, or the right page with the wrong focus.

I keep on dropping back to Firefox which just works. I'd give Edge a go but I'd need XMarks sync for that and so far no signs of it appearing!

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 19:26, The Guru said:

@neilm Maybe one for you? AdGuard extension is now available for Edge.

Due to issues with Vivaldi, I've moved back to Edge for the time being and have tried this Adguard extension.

Unfortunately there is an issue with this extension and the SPG website- trying to post a news item today showed the text box for the main content greyed out and unavailable. All the other input fields worked OK. Reloading, cache clearing etc had no effect. Disabling the Adguard extension (but leaving the system Adguard program running) saw the issue resolve, so I've had to leave it off for the time being.

Yeah I gave up on Vivaldi after finding a LOT off issues. I've now moved on to using Opera (with the Chrome extension loader) which gives the webkit engine and all of my needs are being met. Works 100% with SPG too :)

Might be the best of both worlds.

I'm finding that Edge extensions & Edge itself never seem quite to do the hoped for job.

Another one to try then!

Not used Opera for ages as I found the previous interface difficult to navigate.

Yep worth a revisit though the 'chrome' interface makes it very usable. Or try the 'Cent Browser' - another I'm playing with, no VPN in that one though, but it does work with native Chrome addons.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0