Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Guru

SquareHome 2 launcher

44 posts in this topic

Hmm intriguing! No ideas on that unless it was a widget on top of a tile which flips?

AH, it was caused by a notification... it seems the icon flips between the full picture image to the icon image if there is a notification. Nice, it makes it more dynamic. I have asked Young if he can make the photo slideshow widget able to be assigned on click to open a FOLDER. Would be nice to be able to have a folder with an icon slideshow so you can see the contents one by one, full size.

Cheers,

Mark.

Glad you got it worked out Fred. Which app was this concerning?

Good point on the folder being opened that'd be very useful.

I think I'm going to use this to set up my 82yo father's first smartphone.  I think this type of interface is more intuitive than a standard Android launcher.  I like that I can take it out of edit mode and set a password so he can't move or change things.   It has more flexibility than some of the other simplified launchers like Wiser, Big Launcher or Necta

I'm having one problem though.  If I add a contacts (not People) tile, it will go to a screen to display contacts but it will only display contacts stored on the phone not the Google contacts.  I don't even have a SIM card in it yet.  Is there anyway to make the contacts tile follow on screen display google contacts?  I can use a people tile which will open the standard google people/contacts app.

This is on a Tracfone ZTE ZMAX2 if that makes any difference.  

I use Nova Launcher for my phone but this is tempting as I've always liked that tiled look on phone.  Very clean.

I can't help with Google contacts alas as I don't use Google for my contacts but Office 3635. I'd love a People tile like Windows Phone but alas I've not found a widget that gives that functionality.

The new update includes a 'People tile' as well as a lot of other changes.

I must re-install, I've been on the OnePlus Open Beta's, which means I keep having to hard-reset every so often.

Ouch that's drive me nuts for my main phone!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0