Smartphone Gurus
Sign in to follow this  
The Guru

SquareHome 2 launcher

Guest SupremeAC   
Guest SupremeAC

The SMS tile seems to keep track of how many unread messages I have without the need to show notifications though.

As for the whole outlook account kerfuffle, to my understanding I don't use exchange, just an @live.com account.  Which isn't supported by google.  I've got it to sync and integrate in the calendar app by running it trough the Blackberry Hub+, which, again to my understanding, is free.  The problem with the SH2 contacts list is that it will only show contacts from the blackberry hub account (the @live.com one) if they're saved 'on device', in which case they won't sync with other devices.  I also haven't figured out yet how to save new accounts directly to my lice.com account, when I chose to save to the blackberry hub account it only saves on device.  I managed to pull it off for one new contact, but that was a bit of a fluke and more work than it should be.  Haven't been able to duplicate the process since either.  I've also completely hidden/deleted one contact during my attempts, so I'm going to need to be a bit more carefull with all this.

I probably know far too little to attempt all this, but I'm still enjoying fiddling with the settings, so I'm not about to give up.

Guest SupremeAC   
Guest SupremeAC

strange, the internet ate my reply it seems.

the tile for sms messages seems to be perfectly happy to show me the number of unread messages without any notifications though.

My problem with my contacts is that I don't have an exchange account, just an @live.com account.  Google doesn't recognize this, but I managed to get it to sync my contacts and calendar by running it through the Blackberry Hub+ app.  But that leaves me with 2 problems: the SH2 contacts list can't seem to read from the Blackberry hub account unless the contact is stored 'on device'.  And when creating a new contact to my blackberry hub accont (and thus my @live.com account) it saves the contact 'on device', which then means it doesn't get synced.

I managed to get one contact to be saved both locally and online, but that was more a fluke than actual knowledge and haven't been able to duplicate that succces since.  I'm enjoying tinkering with it all, even if I'm probably lacking the skill to do so propperly.  I just need to be carefull because I also deleted/hid one contact during my experiments.

The Guru    1,458
The Guru

The internet may not have, it may be the sites handling of guest users posts, they are hidden until approved. You can solve those issues my becoming a member of the site, it costs nothing :) Plus I think we 'know' you enough to uplift you to a regular member (instead of a newbie user) as soon as you'd joined (if you did). :)

It might be worthwhile you investigating trying on 'Nine' as an email application as it will painlessly handle @Live email accounts and will solve the problem of your contact duplications and will sync contacts back to the cloud. A fair few of us on site use it and find it that good we bought it.

Guest SupremeAC   
Guest SupremeAC

The powers that may be seem to have decided that I shall not join this site, as I'm not receiving any confirmation mails, have had it be resent 3 times already.

Anyhow, thanks for pointing me towards Nine.  It seems to work better than the Blackberry app in that new contacts do indeed sync, but still no luck getting the contacts to show up in the SH2 contact list unless I check 'all' in the SH2 contacts setting.  This results in every contact showing 2-4 times, perhaps that's something I'll be able to sort by manually joining them.  I haven't tried out the agenda yet, if it works fine I might just get rid of the Blackberry app altogether.

The Guru    1,458
The Guru

The Powers that be have acted :) I've taken the liberty of activating your account and promoting you to Member status :) So welcome to SPG. Hopefully you will not have any issues logging in!

If you are on the latest version of SH2 when you go into contacts one of the entries should look like it is from 'Nine' my Nine account is named '9-email' and it then appears as a recognisable name within SH2. So if you rename your email account in Nine you should then be able to recognise it in SH2.

Have a play and advise how you get on.

SupremeAC    3
SupremeAC

After I locally backuped my contacts and with a tinge of dread I asked Nine to 'auto merge' my contacts, and not only did it get rid of all the duplicates, for some reason it also solved the problem of the SH2 contact list not being able to 'see' my nine contacts list.  Thanks for the tips, I'm very close to where I want to be with my UI at the moment.  A great looking new affordable phone, and an UI that's as close to the departed and sorely missed win10 as possible.

• Like 1

The Guru    1,458
The Guru

@SupremeAC Not a problem, glad to assist :)

Glad that Nine worked out for you, IMHO on of the must have applications on the phone. Once you have finalised our interface I'm sure we'd love to see what you have developed (if you can share of course).

SupremeAC    3
SupremeAC

I'm still looking into getting the Blackberry hub to properly work, as it's a free app.  I'm cheap and don't usually pay for apps, although I'll gladly pay for SH2.  Not so much for Nine though.
I managed to figure out that it's SH2 that's not playing nice with Blackberry, as everything syncs perfectly if I use the standard contacts list.  Contacted the SH2 dev and he asked for a few screenshots as to better explain my issue.  Here's hoping he'll know how to get it to work.

I'll be sure to post some pictures, but they won't be very impressive.  I use only a few basic apps and just recreated my winphone UI as well as I could.  I didn't change to Android because I found Win10 lacking in apps, I only changed because Winphone's aren't available anymore.  That said, I am very pleased with my new Nokia5.  It looks great, while also retaining some of that Winphone aesthetic.  :D

The Guru    1,458
The Guru

Fair enough, yes Chi is pretty good at fixing issues, I've had a lot of correspondence with him over issues I've found. Understood with Nine, Outlook may well work for you instead as that is almost as good adn it is free.

Not a problem, over the pictures, up to you :)

Guest RefreshInc.blogspot.CA   
Guest RefreshInc.blogspot.CA

Has anyone else experienced a problem with Notifications showing on a tile,  using SquareHome 2?

Basically in the Settings, the check mark to Show Notifications on Tile 

seems to become un-checked throughout the day, by itself. 

(Android Notification access for SH2 is always ON) 

The Guru    1,458
The Guru

No such problems here at all. Working fine for me.

Guest Help please   
Guest Help please

Hi

Been using SH2 for ages finally purchased for the full options but I can't seem to find how to add a cube style tile.  Any help will be much appreciated thanks 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this