Smartphone Gurus
The Guru

SquareHome 2 launcher

The Guru

Ah ha well done, glad you found that in the end. Still very strange that it was there as a default for me but not for you.

Happy New Year to you too!

Guest Mom25

Would you mind explaining how you got your contacts or your app drawer to display as a list on its own page?

Thanks

The Guru
On 30/12/2017 at 21:07, PCL said:

I solved it. Here are the many choices:

Go to Home options -> Key & gestures ->Swipe to the left-> Launcher actions->show app drawer.

Happy new year :)

As PCL stated above........ Check this out for left / right swipes. Come back to us if you are still stuck and we'll look through further.

Lowrider21

Dear experts,

I was wondering whether you could help with a question regarding this launcher which I quite like.
If I overlooked the information somewhere - sorry.

Okay, here's my question:
I prefer to see a lot of information on my start screen and arranged it accordingly.

One thing I just can't figure out is how to pin the favorites tray (dialer, contacts, messages, settings, you know...) to the bottom of the start screen.
So, have the Win10mobile-like vertical scrolling feature turned on and still keep the favorites tray always at the bottom of the visible screen.
At all times as long as I am on the start screen.

Any ideas how to do that? Or is that just not possible?

Thanks and regards
Lowrider

The Guru

That I'm afraid is not possible, it goes against the design ethos of a Windows Phone style launcher.

Guest Simon

How to I get my photos to scroll. I cannot find the setting to make it point to my camera roll folder.

The Guru

If you edit the tile you can use the settings on it to point to the camera album.

Guest Magnus

Hi!

I just started using SquareHome2 and I'm really happy with both functionality and appearance.

One thing I would like to tweak, though: Is it possible to not have a full contact image on a tile with a contact shortcut? I've found the setting "Animate full image" and when this is checked, the tile will alter between a full image and a small image. If unchecked, I only get the full image. I would like to just have the small image, to harmonize the look with the other tiles.

Any help is greatly appreciated :-)

Guest XYZ

I may know. In editing mode for Square Home 2, you add a cube and then add an app. To add another app to the cube, swipe right on the cube in editing mode (don't drag it, just swipe it), and it will give you the option to add another app. That should do it!

The Guru

I've not been able to get the small image myself as a default picture. As XYZ says that is a viable work around but I've found that does not work in all situations either.

Guest Garry B

This launcher makes my transition from Windows Phone bearable. In fact now I wonder why I stuck with Windows phone for so long. Congratulations on creating such an amazing launcher. It's not often I buy an app but I was so happy with this one this time I was happy to pay.. 

I'd like to suggest few tweaks  to make it a perfect experience

• I'd prefer the letters to act like in windows phone like a scroll rather than a filter. If you click the "..." then you get to do the filter but clicking on a letter should should most likely scroll to the first person in the letter with the ability to scroll up and see the previous letter. That's basically how windows phone used to work for apps anyway.
  • app menu that has search seems a little inconsistent with the people screen which also has search but instead has a bar. I like the bar and i'd prefer the behavior to mimic what i just described.
  • On the people screen i'd like to be able to perform a filter also on Groups defined in the contacts (google contacts at least)
  • I'd like the ability for a gesture on a tile (for instance double tap) to go to the website of the contact. ideally I'd like to be able to open the contact in Facebook app with some data i have stored somewhere in the contact but if we can't accomplish that just going to the pre-entered web address would be fine.

The Guru

All good idea, worth passing on to the author: Young Keun Chi  at geek21c@gmail.com. :)