Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Michael_Mcr

Relaunched Nokia 3310

22 posts in this topic

Wandered into a Carphone Warehouse yesterday and asked about the new 3310. The salesman said they had no firm launch date yet and that lots of people had been enquiring about it.

He also added that internal murmurings suggested a slight potential problem in that the phone did not support much in the way of international travel. I did some interweb research later and it is true that it only supports GSM 900 MHz and 1800 MHz, so wont function in America or Canada and some other countries.It may become very quickly redundant in parts of Europe when legacy frequencies get migrated and then switched off.

You cant expect much for that sort of money, but i am surprised the network chipset hasn't been updated beyond 2G.  

I had the "business" version,may have been the 6310 and I'm sure that was tri band. We had our hq in Chicago and I recall using mine over there. That was a great phone.

You would have had the 6310i, which was the enhanced version. I had it too and apart from tri-band it did other things that the base model 6310 didn't... But i cant remember what they were.

Just remember that i had to have the 6310i over the 6310 to make it work with my Nokia car kit, for some reason which now escapes me.

The 6310 was a great phone and in a different league to the 3310. I think i may have my 6310 somewhere still!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

It had infra red so you could connect to your lap top

I had a quick rummage in the bottom of my desk Archive Storage Unit, but could not find my 6310i ( which was a nice shade of blue, as i recall ).

I did, however, find a 6210, which i had forgotten about, complete with data cable !! :).

Must have a proper dig soon, because i have a Nokia slide phone somewhere as well as lots of other ancient tech.

Nokia 6210.jpg     Nokia DAU-9X.jpg

It's all coming back to me now. My 6310 was a lovely blue/purple colour and when I ordered it is there was an option to have your name or a word printed on to the little silver tab at the bottom of the phone. I loved that phone

Wow, @Gilps I remember that tab, I had 'Tekguru' on mine. Memories of past lives LOL

Hahahaha, excellent. I've still got a Nokia 6810 with the fold-out keyboard! As well as a 6310i and not to mention a 2110....

Now why does that not surprise me there mate!

[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0