Smartphone Gurus
The Guru

Web Browsers....... ?

The Guru

From PC to PC using Edge yes. So-so, you'll find that you have no control over bookmark order, folder order, and a lot of the time some bookmarks get missed.

I can use XMarks of Firefox, Vivaldi, Chrome, old IE versions, Opera, Firefox on Android. 100% folder / bookmark retention and placement. Plus if I need to get a new browser installed I just install XMarks and do a download from server. Edge can't offer that lot :)

fowljr

Hehehehe sounds far too complicated to me these days! My web usage is very simple now.

The Guru

LOL I still do a heck of a lot of work on the web. Application testing, working with various Microsoft communities, etc.

The Guru

Well I'm now very unchuffed with the guys at Opera. One of the reasons I've been using the browser over recent months is the built in VPN. It now looks like that has been broken for the last two weeks with both SurfEasy (VPN back end) or Opera not giving a damn about it. I'm therefore considering going back to using Firefox as that does generally seem to get a lot more developmental love and at least if parts of it break then they fix them quickly!

The Guru

Well despite raising the issue with Opera and SurfEasy via Twitter and then following up with SurfEasy support via email (as requested), and that folks have reported the error all over the web it's obvious they have no interest in fixing it in the near future..

So I've paid up my IPVanish subscription again and I'm back to using goof old Firefox. Still feeling very 'grrr' over the situation ....

fowljr

I've not sorted my VPN stuff. I'm just suffering from no time!

The Guru

No excuse Jim, you're slipping on the techno-front LOL.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.