Smartphone Gurus
Sign in to follow this  
The Guru

News:Customizable Samsung Gear S3/S2 Infotime Red digital watchface

The Guru

Customizable Samsung Gear S3/S2 Infotime Red digital watchface now available from one of the best designers out there!

View full article

The Guru

Plus the designer, Vasyl Goncharenko, has also created a variant of the watch face designed for Peugeot owners, "Infocar (24H) Peugeot Digital Watchface". Awesome!

Infocar (24H) Peugeot Digital Watchface_photo-050%.jpg

Infocar (24H) Peugeot Digital Watchface_Group.jpg

fowljr

That is pretty cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilm

I installed the blue one but had to take it off as it really drained the battery. Nice features though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Guru

Strange, hardly any additional battery drain for me on the S3. How many faces do you have loaded on the watch?

neilm

I have about 10 in total though inactive ones don't impact battery life.

Usually I have about 40% remaining at the end of the day using my default Blue Stealth. With this one it was at 8%.

I might try it again using one of the options with fewer complications.

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

The Guru

Inactive ones can effect battery life, they are not supposed to but I find if I have over 20 loaded there is definitely an effect.

It might be time for a restart of the watch. I usually end the day with about 88% left, this watch face took me down to 85%, and overnight in flight mode I usually lose 3-4%.

Last night I was down to 75%. On popping onto the charger it told me it'd take an overly long 1hr 2mins to charge. Plus it'd not been recording heart rate and 'automatic walking' for the last two days as well as warning me to use an official charger. So I closed all apps and then after synching my sleep data to the watch I turned off / on again. I popped it back on to the charger and was informed it'd take 28 minutes to charge. So it'd definitely got upset with something. 

So...... might be worth you trying the face again on a freshly turned on / off watch and see what life you get out of it. Phew!

neilm

I will try a restart and see what happens. My HRM and automatic activity tracking are working fine. Most of my use of the watch is for notifications on the many occasions where the phone has to be in DND mode. I charge mine overnight so it is fresh in the morning. The S2 has a much smaller battery than the S3 and I have seen a number of 3rd party faces drain it to unacceptable levels. 40% end of day charge is good with a minimalist face but some go into power saving by 5pm, which is not good!

Neilm, Site Moderator.

The Guru

Understood. I'm now back to normal (I think) as my S3 has used 1% of battery in about an hour so I think back on track!

Feed back how you find your going!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this