Smartphone Gurus
The Guru

Disabling Tapatalk?

Disabling Tapatalk?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should we disable Tapatalk?

The Guru

Guys I'm considering disabling / removing Tapatalk. The reasons being it seems that fewer people are using it these days and in my opinion it is getting more and more awkward to use. Also the forum software is becoming more and more fluid to the extent that it works really well on a mobile browser.

So if we were to remove it would it cause you any headaches?

So feed back and vote please.

tonybro

Done and voted remove.

Michael_Mcr

I do use it, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if you removed it.

So i have voted remove.

fowljr

Done. I do use it, but I'm happy for it to be removed as the mobile site is fine for use.

Gilps

I use it. It's certainly easier to view fora using TT than a browser but it's not the end of the world. There's another forum that I use (motorbikes) and that doesn't support TT. I find that I only visit it now to find out something specific rather than just popping in to see what's going on.

neilm

I do use it on the tablet and phone for ease of access, but would accept if it were removed. Maybe I will try using a browser for a while!

Neilm, Site Moderator.

The Guru
3 hours ago, Gilps said:

I use it. It's certainly easier to view fora using TT than a browser but it's not the end of the world. There's another forum that I use (motorbikes) and that doesn't support TT. I find that I only visit it now to find out something specific rather than just popping in to see what's going on.

@Gilps So would you visit us less / post less often if it was removed? Have you tried using a mobile browser with a pinned web page shortcut?

Boz
1 hour ago, The Guru said:

Have you tried using a mobile browser with a pinned web page shortcut?

That's exactly how I visit the site via mobile, and the best way in my view.

The Guru

@Boz I agree I think it gives the best experience these days. @Gilps can you at least try it and feed back how you find it please?

Michael_Mcr

I have just set up a pinned shortcut to "new unread content" and that works well enough on a small phone screen, although Tapatalk is more convenient. 

Gilps

Hi.  I'm replying to this via my browser rather than TT. I must say that this site is certainly more mobile friendly than the other site I referred to earlier.  It's actually very usable and I would have no problems switching over to it.

The Guru

Thanks guys. I'll disable Tapatalk for the time being and we'll see how it works. If everyone is still happy I'll look to remove it permanently.

And now done. I've actually disabled the floating navigation bar (possible security issue) as well as Tapatalk, and for me that has made a massive difference of site load speed!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.