The Guru

Disabling Tapatalk?

Disabling Tapatalk?   6 members have voted

1. 1. Should we disable Tapatalk?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 posts in this topic

A little bit. There is an ease of going into the Tapatalk app, rather than launch a browser, but its no deal-breaker.

Stick as we are, as far as i am concerned.

I'm getting by without TT but I think i visit a little less. I use TT a lot for other fora so I tend to just tap in to each one whilst I'm on there. Now I have to make a point of tapping my SPG shortcut separately.  It won't stop me visiting though.  To be fair I'm not a major contributor on here but have always enjoyed popping in just to keep up to date with developments and that won't stop. 

Okay I think we are managing then, and it is giving us a CPU saving which has made the site noticeably faster so I'll continue to monitor for a little longer before removing it completely.

I still use it for other forums, but it hasn't been a big concern for me.

On 25/03/2017 at 17:33, The Guru said:

So we've gone over a week with no Tapatalk installed. Has anyone missed it? @Gilps @Michael_Mcr @fowljr @neilm ?

Sorry- missed this post!

No, I don't miss TT at all. I only used it for SPG anyway so the homescreen shortcut has been replaced with a browser shortcut, with the added advantage that I'm no longer getting the interminable nags from TT about feeds and subscription notifications which were all disabled anyway!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor