Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boz

News: Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ revealed! Plus release date and specifications!

39 posts in this topic

Shame I'm in London all day Thursdays! Don;t get in till 8pm, so probably no serious playtime till Friday.

AFAIK the AKG earbuds are a standard part of the package for the GS8 models- will be interesting to see, Some locales are getting extra 'surprise' freebies but no word on anything for UK as yet. 

Look forward to your thoughts Neil. :)

I didn't know Neil did impressions, I thought he was an Osteopath. :wink:

Good luck with the S8 Neil, I've switched to the S7 for now as my wife is using my 950XL as the old 930 was playing up on calls so I've reset it and will be playing with it to test it out.

Not having much fun with Android still... :unsure:

1 hour ago, tonybro said:

I didn't know Neil did impressions, I thought he was an Osteopath. :wink:

Good luck with the S8 Neil, I've switched to the S7 for now as my wife is using my 950XL as the old 930 was playing up on calls so I've reset it and will be playing with it to test it out.

Not having much fun with Android still... :unsure:

HeHe- perhaps I'm doing an impression of an osteopath for all these years!

I was of the same opinion about Android for a while, but now I've got used to it I find both iOS and WP to be significantly lacking in usability. 

The S8 will be interesting- I just hope the 'soft keys' are better implemented than those on the L950 :)

That's interesting feedback Neil as what I'm finding the hardest is the regular tasks I do - e-mail and newsfeeds and e-book reading. I find ALL three have better apps on WP10! I am using my usual Nine (e-mail), Feedly (news) and Amazon Kindle (Books) on Android but I find the in-built e-mail app (Outlook) on WP10 and NextGen Reader (news) and Freda+ (Books) are all way better on WP...

I agree about WP10 email- Outlook is better overall than Nine. I don't use any news feeds and I do all my reading on the 8" tablet, so don't have an ebook reader on the phone. 

My most used phone apps are related to banking and travel, and both of those are very poor on WP10. 

My S8 was delayed for 1 day due to volume of orders, but is due to arrive later this afternoon!

On 19/04/2017 at 19:04, tonybro said:

That's interesting feedback Neil as what I'm finding the hardest is the regular tasks I do - e-mail and newsfeeds and e-book reading. I find ALL three have better apps on WP10! I am using my usual Nine (e-mail), Feedly (news) and Amazon Kindle (Books) on Android but I find the in-built e-mail app (Outlook) on WP10 and NextGen Reader (news) and Freda+ (Books) are all way better on WP...

Tony still loving Nine here, but look at FeedMe for Feedly and Google Play Books for an eBook reader (or MoonReader Pro). Hate to say it though but the Google eBook reader is very nice.

3 hours ago, neilm said:

My S8 was delayed for 1 day due to volume of orders, but is due to arrive later this afternoon!

The tension mounts, I'm sure it will be worth it!

The real thing that interests me is still the DeX dock, Matt Millar of ZDNet fame mentioned that he felt the DeX implementation was better than Continuum in Windows 10 Mobile... I still use Continuum  in the office with the 950XL, so to try and Android version is tempting, but blooming expensive!!!

Grin I'm sure you can afford it Jim, just sell off some old antique kit!

Well, the S8 has arrived!

Initial impressions are very positive. The screen is narrower but longer than the S7 and overall size is a little smaller. Feels nice in the hand.

I'd expected it to come with Android 7.11 but it's got 7.0- even after a large update this afternoon. Also, I had expected the onscreen buttons to hide when no activity, but so far they don't, though some apps seem to display under the buttons, while others just start above the buttons. It may be related to compatibility for the new screen aspect ratio.

I'll post a few pics in a new topic when I can, but no time at the moment!

Sounding good mate and boding well for the Note 8. Looking forward to the pictures later!

On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 18:21, The Guru said:

Grin I'm sure you can afford it Jim, just sell off some old antique kit!

Lol. I'm not sure I can bear to part with them! :-)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0