Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Guru

Microsoft Authenticator

10 posts in this topic

The Microsoft Authenticator app has been updated on Android and now supports more than 6 accounts (at last) and also supports officially 'phone sign in' for O365 accounts.

Instead of entering your password when signing into your Microsoft account, the process will send a notification to your phone. Tapping approved lets you into your account, essentially removing the need for passwords at all. That is unless you keep your phone locked behind a pin.

pin.png

Furthermore, the option to sign in automatically with your phone will be remembered by the account. To set it up:

• If you already use the Microsoft Authenticator for your personal account, select the dropdown button on your account tile, and choose Enable phone sign-in.
  • If you are adding a new account on an Android phone, we’ll automatically prompt you to set it up.
  • If you are adding a new account on an iPhone, and we’ll automatically set it up for you by default.

Once set up, you’ll get a notification every time you sign into your account. Don’t worry if you lose your phone (or it is dead) because below account sign -ins, you can also click ‘Use Password instead’.

The feature is available for both Android and iOS Microsoft Authenticator apps, so download it and try out signing in with your phone.

Telling isn't it - 'available for both iOS and Android' :-(

I think MS is trying to hold what ground they can until they can run a single unified Windows code base across x86 and Arm and then they will push mobile again... Just my gaze into the Crystal Ball this week... :-)

I think you could be on to something there Tony. As mentioned in other threads, the Outlook experience on Windows 10 Mobile is superior to other email apps, even the Outlook app on other platforms. I just wish they could convince developers to code for the platform, but I think you are right in that there will be another push on mobile once they get the codebase onto ARM.

Yeah got to be full far Windows 10 on ARM around the corner. Mind you (back OT) the new Auth app is working wonderfully for me. Most of my authorisations are mirrored to the S3 so as simple as a tap to authenticate on the watch!

Qualcom have announced this week they have delivered the first Win10 on Arm implementations to OEMs ready to start designing... Late Calendar 2017 for potential device releases.

Yes indeed. I must try that authenticator app...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0