Smartphone Gurus
Sign in to follow this  
Michael_Mcr

New GPU Nvidia GTX1060 6GB

Michael_Mcr    70
Michael_Mcr

I just upgraded the video card in my desktop to a 6GB  Nvidia GTX 1060

https://www.asus.com/uk/Graphics-Cards/DUAL-GTX1060-O6G/

It came with a redemption code for a free copy of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands PC game, which has been developed in conjunction with Nvidia to showcase their NVIDIA GameWorks effects.

The end result is quite stunning: a vast open world with almost cinematic landscapes and special effects that doesn’t seem to provoke much action from the CPU or GPU cooling fans on my pc.

Am not running 4K, but even so, I can tell the overheads are much lighter than they should be, given the visual quality. I have everything maxed out and am getting a steady 60fps.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/tom-clancys-ghost-recon-wildlands-pc-nvidia-gameworks-effects

I really am gob smacked at how a fully optimised game can take so much heat (literally !) off the CPU.

tonybro    371
tonybro

I have that too, Mike and running on a 980Ti and best of all I use a Tobii Eye Tracker too. :-)

Been playing for over a month now and it really is amazing with variable weather etc.

The eye tracker works with The Division and other games such as Elite:Dangerous and some of my Flight Sims too.

My son has the 1070 and has plugged into our 50" 4K TV in the lounge before now and Tomb Raider looks amazing.

He generally plays on a full HD gaming monitor - 144KHz, 1ms Asus Predator...

Michael_Mcr    70
Michael_Mcr

I hadn't heard about the Tobii, but have checked out the videos today.

I am still on 1680 x 1050, but it works well on a 22" monitor. Am loving Wildlands because its similar to FarCry, in that you can scan and plan, instead of just gunning and running. It really is immersive too :)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this