Smartphone Gurus
Sign in to follow this  
The Guru

NordVPN Special offer

The Guru    1,458
The Guru

Guys NordVPN has a special deal on offer for anyone wanting a very fast secure VPN service. I used to use IPVanish but NordVPN is a lot more secure but usually at a way higher price. However at the moment they are offering a 72% discount on a 2 year deal. Plus a 30 day money back guarantee.

I've bitten the bullet myself as my IPVanish subscription is nearly up. Seems very fast and smooth.

So if anyone fancies giving it a go the deal is here, and what they offer detailed here.

Anyway I thought it may be useful.

neilm    851
neilm

Looks interesting!

I'm still not convinced of the need for VPN- what do you consider the advantages?

I've thought about the IP Address tracing issues, but as I'm on a standard BT Business BB plan with a dynamic IP address, my IP address changes every few days anyway. 

Guest Mickel   
Guest Mickel

Nice i will consider this offer and if its fruitful and cheap than ivacy. I will switch

The Guru    1,458
The Guru

Basically I don't trust any country (even our own) not to watch my on-line activities. HTTPS is great, but I will not be geofenced or spied on at all so I use a VPN (especially for online transactions. 

So far testing is looking good, download speeds are a bit variable, last night I was getting 1.8 MB/S, usually in Opera I get about 2.8 MB/S, but this morning with NordVPN I got 5.8 MB/S, so a lot better. The testing will continue!

fowljr    340
fowljr

I've just bought a little VPN router to play with, I wonder if this can be configured with it. I'll have a look later. Cheers D.

The Guru    1,458
The Guru

Yep they have options to cover most systems, so likely it will work well enough!"

fowljr    340
fowljr

I must remember to do it, house & garden maintenance has been filling my time lately. One year I'd just like to sit in the garden! Lol

The Guru    1,458
The Guru

In the end guys I had a faire few speed issues with the service and have requested the 30 day money back guarantee. I'm now going to stick with IPVanish.

fowljr    340
fowljr

Thanks for the update D.

The Guru    1,458
The Guru

Yeah a great pity. Mind you for a lot of everyday work the VPN within Opera works well enough and it is free.

fowljr    340
fowljr

Fair point, I do have the Opera VPN installed but don't use it a great deal.

The Guru    1,458
The Guru

I use it daily, if fact it is turned on 99% of the time. I do not like being snooped on.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this