Smartphone Gurus
The Guru

News: SquareHome 2 Launcher revisited!

The Guru

SH2_Final.jpg

With the production of new transparent widgets for Talon (Twitter Client) and 2Day (Toodledo client), I've finally got my Square Home 2 layout pretty much exactly how I want it.

This gives me a Windows Mobile Style main home screen, a schedule screen (swipe left), then swipe left again for my Task driven screen. Swiping right from the home screen gives me apps and contacts.

The Home screen gives me glanceability of my immediate schedule, new emails for my Office 365 and Live ID accounts, the time, sunrise/set and moon information, Talon status, and a count of new 'Amazon Echo tasks' held in Todoist. I can see how many unread Feedly articles I need to catch up on, of and easily process and 2FA requests via MS Authenticator (although I usually handle these via the Gear S3. Of course being British I also have Met Office weather forecast with Dark Skies giving a up to the minute forecast. I have live tiles for; social networking, cloud and coffee, apps and Samsung activities, navigation, ebooks with a large animated tile for photos taken. Then media; audio book, music and Podcast tiles Important events and holidays are catered for with count down tiles. And then finally a system utils tile along with telephony and contacts tiles.

SH2 even caters for the Galaxy S7 Edge as the tiles can be adjusted to get round the over sensite screen edge issue.

It may not work for everyone but it does for me and gives me my perfect Android launcher.

If anyone wants any tips on how to achieve the above I'm happy to advise / inform.

View full article

tonybro

Nice one, Daron. Takes some work but the persistence has paid off.

The Guru

Aye it has been a longish job, but well worth it in  the end. Gives me everything I need. The last few widgets coming out this weekend and solving the screen edge issues on the S7e were the last things needed.

Hmm this copy of the Home Screen might be easier to read too :)

Screenshot_20170723-151954.jpg

SupremeAC

Thought I'd add my SH2 layout here.  Like I already told the Guru (thanks again for your kind advice), my homescreen is much less complex than his.  I basically set out to copy my old Winphone layout after my last phone broke and I was forced to move to Android.  With some tinkering here and there, I can say I got pretty close.  Very happy with the calendar widget I found, even if it doesn't like it when you try to mess with it's settings.  I use the Blackberry Hub+ app to sync my outlook account.  I got it working perfectly in the end, and it has one advantage over 'Nine', it's completely free.  I have my app tray on hand with a swipe to the right and that's basically it.

It's simple, it's clean. 

Screenshot_20170804-215453.jpg

Screenshot_20170804-230748.png

tonybro

Well done, nice, clean & simple.

I still maintain the Windows Phone interface is the best of the three. :wink:

The Guru

Looking good there, you may want to set your contacts tile to show your live contacts.

fowljr
On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 06:55, tonybro said:

Well done, nice, clean & simple.

I still maintain the Windows Phone interface is the best of the three. :wink:

Totally agree Tony!

Boz

Not bad at all that Daron, I have the app too but haven't yet had much time to play with it.

The Guru

I spend ages fiddling with it, striving to get the best optimised screens. Plus of course hitting Chi with bug reports and suggestions :)

SupremeAC

Looking very clean.  The 'frosted' tiles do look very nice.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.