Smartphone Gurus
The Guru

News: SquareHome 2 Launcher revisited!

The Guru

Thanks for that, still playing and improving the design and worth ethos.

p51mustang

Been a Windows Phone/Mobile user for the last six years (L920, then L950), but as much as I love the W10M UI and hate Android, I'm going to have to change when the L950 eventually gives problems.

I bought an old Samsung G5 recently (running 6.0.1 Marshmallow) to use as I need a few apps which are not available on W10M and installed SquareHome 2. So much better than the stock Android launcher!

However, how did you get the SquareHome app tray to display the dividing alphabet letter in the list like W10M does?
Screenshot_20170804-230748.png

My app list just lists the apps in alphabetical order without the "dividing letter"?

SupremeAC

You can set that in 'home options' - app drawer- then check 'grouped items'.

It's a feature that requires you paid for the app though.  You can also click the 'dividing letter' and chose from a list of letters to 'fast travel' there like you could in Winphone.  You can also do this for your contacts.

I feel your pain, I too was forced to go to android when my last winphone kicked the bucket after one drop too many.

p51mustang

Ah, thanks SupremeAC. Having played around with SH2 and a few other widgets, the 'dividing letter' is about the only major thing I'll still miss from W10M ... and the ease of use :rolleyes:

I have not yet inserted a sim card as I'm only using the S5 for specific apps, but have had fun playing around. I must also add a seperate tile for each of my three email accounts (will Outlook to access them).

This is what I have so far, created a 'favourites' gallery, so the photos rotate amongst the photos I've taken.  (Two small tiles at the bottom not in the shot):

ooXG8e.jpg

Edited by p51mustang

The Guru

Glad to see you getting there and playing nicely. You might want to install 'Whicons' a free icon pack and turn that on in the settings, it'll give a harmonised look and improve the looks IMHO :)

Good to have a new user on board and enjoying SH2 as well.

p51mustang
1 hour ago, The Guru said:

You might want to install 'Whicons' a free icon pack and turn that on in the settings, it'll give a harmonised look and improve the looks IMHO :)

Done and turned the app names off. Thanks for the tip, does look better.

The Guru

Not a problem, glad to help!

The Guru

For Square Home 2 fans the latest layout I'm now using on the Note 8. I've gone with a 5 column layout and also experimenting with 'negative' coloured tiles. (Oh the screenshot went a bit wibbly when updating the Dark Sky widget row).

Screenshot_20171011-135548-50%.jpg

p51mustang

Looks much better with the Whicons icon pack!

ovPN6q.jpg

neilm

Very nice! I assume from your user name and the images that you are an vintage aircraft enthusiast? 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.