Smartphone Gurus
Sign in to follow this  
SupremeAC

Recreating the Winphone 'Glance' screen in Android

SupremeAC

Update time:

I'm still trying to get notifications to work as intended.  I got them working, but there is a delay between pressing the 'stop Geosort' button and the notification disappearing.  This is because Tasker places all commands in one queue.  So if the app is still searching for a GPS signal, or a wait command is still in the queue, it'll take some time before the app actually stops and the notification disappears.
There are ways to circumvent this.  You can have parallel systems running, but they're of a different kind (profiles) and contextual.  Do this if this task is excecuted.  But the contexts you can work with are pretty limited.  I'd need to create a whole string of tasks to trigger, while up till now I would just have a command overwrite the existing notification whenever required.

One thing I managed to improve on is that now folders with locations will only be created when you take a picture.  Before, a folder would be created whenever you'd find a new location.  But during testing this resulted in a lot of empty folders.  I presume this would be less of an issue during regular use, but it's an improvement, so why not?

Anyhow, I'm slowly getting there.  I'm comfortable with general functionality and dependability.  If  I can get the notifications sorted, I'll upload a new build.  After that it'll be adding in extra features and improving the UI.

SupremeAC

Heh, thanks for the stream of positive feedback.  :)

Concerning the notifications, I think I'm  just going to give up on the 'stop geosort' button for now.  I read what little information I could find and asked around online.  Seems you should be able to get it working by setting 'priorities', but for one reason or another I can't seem to get it working.  I'll try to upload a new version for testing this evening.

SupremeAC

Ok, I'm close enough to where I want to be to share my latest version:

http://gofile.me/28dbl/kOtvOqeth   -    the link will expire on the 25th

regarding my last post, I just dropped the 'stop geosort' button in all but the last notification.  I tried messing around with the priorities in Tasker, which should have been able to solve my issues, but alas, it didn't work for me.
So far this build seems to be rather stable.  The menu where you pick the level of detail you want to save your locations at is still wonky, but this might be due to the fact that it's a placeholder as that feature hasn't been implemented yet.  First up now is to add in a feature that asks you to confirm your current location, so you can alter readings that are slightly off and prevent redundant double folders.  Once that's done I'll turn my attention on the level of detail bit, because it'd be cool to be able to pull that off.

The Guru

Okay a copy has been grabbed, away for the weekend so I'll try it out once we return.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this