Smartphone Gurus
Sign in to follow this  
The Guru

Clove Technology changing .....

The Guru

Not sure if anyone else subscribes to the Clove Newsletter, but last week they wrote out stating:

Before we get to the business of talking about phones, a note on our actual business. 

As some of our readers and long-time customers may know, Clove Technology was founded 25 years ago by Chris Love. Together with his wife and business partner Jill, Clove has grown and adapted to an ever-changing landscape of consumer mobile technology.

So it is with a tinge of sadness we announce that Chris and Jill are stepping down. Clove Technology remains, and as of September 1st, is a trading name of Hugh Symons eXchange Ltd. Daily operations remain the same and staff are moving with the business to a new location (less than a mile up the road!) 

For those who are interested, Chris will remain involved for a while in an advisory capacity; assisting our new director Alex Dickie with the transition. If you want to send Chris a personal message, then now is the time.

Alex Dickie notes "The acquisition of Clove provides a fantastic platform for our suppliers to reach thousands more business customers. I am excited to be working with Chris and his team, whom we have known and done business with for many years. It will be business as usual for Clove suppliers and customers, whilst we look to build out our service proposition over the coming months."

Chris Love notes "The sale to long term partner Hugh Symons provides us a unique opportunity to expand our business whilst retaining our key people that will move to the Hugh Symons’ Poole based location."

Aside from the acquisition and change of location it really is business as usual here. We will continue to dispatch the latest and greatest smartphones and mobile technology to our customers in the UK and around the world. Over the coming months, we also aim to expand the range of products and services offered, in line with the Hugh Symons group’s other business avenues. 

Sad times indeed.... I've done a lot of business with Clove in the past, it won't be the same without Chris at the helm. I guess Jon will not be involved either.

fowljr

Aye, definitely sad times. I guess Chris wanted to retire? Can't blame him!

The Guru

Indeed, been planned for a while evidently. I did have a chat with him over it.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this