Smartphone Gurus
Sign in to follow this  
The Guru

F*£ %£ Bixby............

The Guru

Now I'm a proud Galaxy Note 8 user I've of course gained a new friend.... Bixby. At this time of course we're only a little way into our friendship.....

So far the dedicated button tab brings up the Bixby cards, I can live with that, pressing and holding the Bixby button to invoke the ability to give voice commands to Bixby, all working well so far..... BUT.....

No matter what I do try to and train Bixby for voice wake up  I keep getting Bixby can't hear you.  This is despite changing various grips to hold the phone, different want of speaking, different accents, an all sorts of voice volumes.... but no go.

Anyone got any ideas? Or do I have to wait until the UK voice is officially supported?

neilm

That is strange because since the update on my GS8, Bixby voice has been working really well - the training completed fine and all the commands I've tried have executed pretty effectively. 

The Guru

Oh it works well enough and runs the commands I speak. It's just the extra training it wants for the voice wake option (not that I'd use it much). Everything else seems to run flawlessly. I'll try a reboot tomorrow and see how it fares.

The Guru

Well I cleared the data on  the Bixby app today and I still can't get it to hear me when I look to train it for voice waking. Grr....

Boz

Have you got Bixby sorted yet mate? It's not an apps permission problem is it?

The Guru

Nope it looks to be a known issue where it has problems with deeper voices. Loads of threads on the Samsung forums from folks with the same issues. Samsung did recommend to three people that a hard reset would fix it - it doesn't - so they were even more unhappy. I have no real need for voice wake up so not a major issue for me, but it would be nice to have for those few times when it would be truly handy.

The Guru

Shock!

With todays Bixby update in the UK I've actually been able to train Bixby! It does not hear me 100% of the time but at least I've been able to train it!

Boz

Blimey! Not even tried it on my N8 I have it disabled.

The Guru

Worth giving it a go to see how it performs. Very useful for automating on phone tasks, but a pain having to use the button to activate (at the moment).

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this