Smartphone Gurus
Sign in to follow this  
The Guru

News: Microsoft’s Arrow Launcher for Android becomes the Microsoft Launcher, now available in preview

The Guru

I'm not a gamer (as you all know) so apart from Office the big requirement for me are the tools needed to keep SPG going, and hopefully that'll last for a few more years yet. As always though we'll see how move in the technology world and I'm sure we'll all adapt as required to new technologies etc.

SupremeAC

Adobe and MS Office are available on iOS as well, so it's not like there aren't any alternatives. I also don't see the problem with paying a yearly fee for an OS.  It's no different from paying for Adobe Creative Suite.  I'd take that model over being overcharged for a limited selection of hardware.  I can see how it'd rub home users the wrong way though, as they won't be familiar with the model and will feel they are being charged for something that used to be free.

The Guru

Indeed, I always use Windows Pro, even though a lot of the Pro features have been retired in recent OS releases alas.

The bigger concern is that the hardware I use may not support current OS builds in the future which means big cost updating hardware every 2-3 years!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this