Smartphone Gurus
Sign in to follow this  
Michael_Mcr

MS (again..) Edge browser still broken

Michael_Mcr

I have had an ongoing problem for a while now on my desktop pc, in that MS Edge will launch on command, display the Start screen with various freshly updated MS feeds on it, but will fail to click-through any of them or even launch a favourite site. Each time i get an error message:

Hmmm... cannot reach this page

Try this

The DNS server might be having problems.

Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND

After much searching, it seems that either the Creators Update, or one of the MS patches has done this.

MS offer various convoluted fix's to try, from DNS changes, through clearing web cache and finally the old favourite: reinstall windows.  It looks like this is fairly widespread and first appeared in June this year, but MS has yet to offer a proper fix. 

Edge has even disapeared from my list of installed apps, although it is still shows as the default web app !!

So if i can offer one piece of sage advice : whenever you get a Win10 machine, be sure to immediately install a-n-other browser on it as backup, because Chrome is still working fine on this machine. Edge is hard coded into the Win10  O/S, so is more susceptible to problems whenever MS coders start fiddling.

Meh !

The Guru

Currently a fan of Vivaldi here as Opera have really cheesed me off with the VPN issue. I refuse to use Chrome as Google are not having all my data.

Michael_Mcr

Chrome is not without fault either, other than the data gathering you mention  On several machines I have notice it just hang for several seconds then continue working, for no apparent reason. 

The Guru

Agreed, have been swapping browsers all over the place in the last few weeks before settling on Vivaldi!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this