Smartphone Gurus
The Guru

Review: Brodit Active holder USB with cig-plug adaptor [Product 521999] for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 & Brodit ProClip Mount [Product 604765] for the Peugeot 2008

fowljr
On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 20:33, The Guru said:

Brodit all the way for me I have to say, other mounting systems are just not in the same class, IMHO of course :)

As a matter of interest what do you use Jim?

Just a generic vent mount at the moment D. The Brodit still looks professional IMO.

The Guru

I fell out with vent mounts after a certain spider review ended up damaging the vent on the DS3. Since then I've stuck with Brodit.

The Note 8 now sites in landscape mode and runs the TomTom speed camera app in parallel with the camera warning system in the onboard TomTom navigation system, so a bit of duplication but they work well.

fowljr

I tend to use both the cars built-in SatNav & Waze together! :-) On the vent mount, it's just a standard gripper, but I like way it keeps the phone lower down like the Brodit mount. I've gone off things dangling from the Windscreen these days.

The Guru

Grin having TomTom in the car natively solved a lot of my navigation issues. I still beta test for them though which is why I run the speed camera app in parallel. I've only ever used a windscreen mount once (company car) and I'd never ever do it again. The revised Brodit mount really suits the 2008 as it holds the phone in landscape mode directly in line with the instrumentation which is nigh on perfect. 

fowljr

I may consider a Brodit mount again soon! :-)

The Guru

:) I can recommend a good supplier LOL