Smartphone Gurus
Sign in to follow this  
The Guru

News:Major update for the S3 incoming

Boz

That's a coincidence and great news! I just happen to be getting an S3 Frontier today as they are on offer for around £250 now at many retailers as Black Friday deals.

Just how long does Black Friday last for now!! :lol:

The Guru

Good news indeed you'll be playing very nicely today then mate. Looking forward to your thoughts / queries.

Boz

Yep looking forward to it and the plethora of available watch faces, I've been looking through the S3 threads on here for tips. I won't get to play until later this evening though!

I did think the S3 might be a little large but it's no bigger than some of the other watches I have, the Yamaha freebie watch I got is the same size.

I also bought some screen protectors for it from here.

The Guru

Goodo keep us posted. If you want ay face recommendations always ready to help out. A lot of resource on Facebook and Google+. Screen protectors, not convinced they are needed if one is careful as gorilla glass 3 is standard.

Boz

Cheers for the offer Daron I had the S3 all set up last night after charging it first and updating to the latest firmware, it was quite straightforward to be fair using the S3 app.

The S3 is a quality piece of kit and I'm really impressed with it, there's so much you can do with it, and should keep me amused for a fair while!

The screen protectors were rubbish and didn't adhere too well so they're going back anyway.

My Pebble Time steel is now retired, but has served me well!

The Guru

Glad that you are enjoying it mate, you can see why I've been impressed. Until the latest changes were made by MSFT with their authenticator app you could could perform authorisation actions from the S3 too which was really handy!

Yeah I have heard a lot of bad things about screen protectors. If you are careful you should not need them anyway IMHO.

The Guru

Back OT:

Well since the S3 feature update last weekend my S3 has been terrible on battery life, that is down to 65-70%ish at the end of the working day instead of the usual 85%ish.

So today I've done a full hard reset and (as my main bank account is not supported by Samsung Pay) have not enabled NFC, (and as I'm not actively tracking walking / hiking during winter) I've turned off GPS.

We'll see how it goes but it charged from 67% to full in around 15 minutes (a great improvement).

Boz

How's it looking now mate? I have no real issues here. Mine ends a full day at around the 80% mark and that's includes fiddling with apps and watch faces.

I have the fitness app running and no GPS or NFC except when needed. I too have Samsung Pay but my bank must be the same as yours as it's missing too, but have a backup account.

The Guru

Well two culprits found, Samsung Health and Watchfaces.

charge.jpg.9d2497c3f13fbf13242cfe148ee72675.jpg

So I've switched the watch face I was using. Interestingly enough while checking the charge level an update for Samsung Health arrived. I'm hoping it might improve battery life. Today I was heading for around 65% at the end of the day whereas prior to the update I was ending at around 80-85%. I'll continue to monitor!

Boz

I'll post my usage up later after a few hours of use to compare.. ;) 

The Guru

Mine has improved since the Samsung Health update last night but still down to 68%, and prior to the update I was usually down to 80-85% by 16:00 hours!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this