Smartphone Gurus
Sign in to follow this  
The Guru

Gear S3 Battery issues....

The Guru

Well we went down to the Arndale Store this morning explained the situation and advised how far we'd had to travel and they store agreed to swap out the battery. We ended up having a 4 hour wait while this was done and ended up doing a lot of wandering round Manchester :)

However the watch is now back on the wrist with a new battery. It's fully charged and I'm monitoring the situation. Kudos to the staff in the store. The young lady who dealt with us and the engineer were great folks!

The Guru

From yesterday completed 10 hours 42 minutes of 'weekend wearing', and ended up with 82% charge left and estimated life left of 1 day 23 hours 59 minutes. This equates to a solid 2.2 x improvement on the watch with the old battery. Oh and it anticipates 27 minutes until fully charged. Bear in mind that on the old battery I'd turned off auto-WiFi and most of the notifications. With the new battery Auto-WiFi is back on and most notifications are on as well. I'll continue to monitor during the working day tomorrow (more notifications etc). 

You can see the raw data collected here along with what was using the power. It seems the 'Confluence Track' face that I'm using at the moment does take quite a lot of power.

Once tomorrow is out of the way I'll use a face with more black in it and will track how that goes.

image.thumb.png.9b061ed33b20d303da34df2fa1c641cc.png

neilm

Looks good!

The Samsung Service centres do seem to offer a good level of service. 

The Guru

Indeed and testing at work shows I'm back to where I used to be with 15% battery used by the end of the day, that is 10 hours off charge. And that is with a busy non-battery friendly watch face too!

Boz

Sounds about right to me, that's around the battery life I get out of my S3, glad you got sorted mate. 

The Guru

Me too, as if they'd not have sorted I was going have a change and buy an Apple Watch (shudder).....

fowljr

Hmmm, as long as mine isn't dead by the end of the day I'm happy! :-) Although I do get quite a few mobile calls during the day, which also ping the watch. I guess I could turn that off as I don't usually tend to answer phone calls via the Bluetooth connection!!

The Guru

I can see your point but mien was really flagging and the new battery had revived it completely. I don'y tend to answer calls via the S3 but I do hang up nuisance callers :)

fowljr

That's definitely impressive mate. I've not managed to get my Huawei Watch 2 4G to be above 30% by end of day!! :-)

The Guru

Well the S3 is finishing the day between 83-85% so far this week. Mind you doing a lot of notification testing today (IFTTT) stuff so down to 84%. Mind you only 80 minutes to do so not that different I guess.

fowljr

That is great! Mine never finished at that level!!

The Guru

Maybe time to get a new battery in while it is still under warranty Jim?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this