Smartphone Gurus
Sign in to follow this  
Guest rpedrosb

New device - too many options

Guest rpedrosb

Good afternoon,

This is my first time posting on this forum, so I hope this is the right section.

After 4 years of great use, last week the screen of my Sony Xperia Z2 completely broke. Fixing it would cost me 70€, so I think it's time to think of getting a new device.

I've been looking at the different options available in the market but there are just too many. I've read the the OnePlus 5T is really recommended (the 499€ cost would be at the top of my budget), but I've also read about other devices such as Honor 8 pro, Nokia 8, LG G6 or various Huawei models.

I'd like to receive some advice from the people in this forum about the phones I mentioned and other possibilities as well.

Thank you very much,

PD: I would rather not have a Samsung, I don't have a good memory of the 3 models I've had.

The Guru

I wish I could help but I've no experience with those models.

neilm

Do you have any specific requirements such as camera, sound, amount of memory etc?

The models you cite cover a large range of capabilities- the OnePlus is a premium phone with excellent specs and performance whereas the Honor models are more budget oriented.

Huawei make some good phones and HTC are also worth a look. 

fowljr

I've used a OnePlus 3 and my wife now uses it. From my perspective it was a top notch device, camera doesn't match up to the iPhones & the Samsung's of the world, but that wasn't a concern for me.